I am so sorry that I have been away for so long. As I always say, busy, busy, busy. The last two months of 2017 was so hectic that I have put this blog on the back burner. All the things I wanted to write about have either been half written or have titles and not written at all. So I apologise that I haven’t been as active as I would have liked to be. (end of apology)
HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!
I cannot believe that we survived 2017 and we are just a few days into 2018. A New Year means a lot of things. The New Year is the time many people will say: NEW YEAR, NEW ME. A time when we will be promising to lose weight, to travel the world or even create a new identity altogether. A time for making resolutions that cannot be resolved or semi-give up on it completely because let’s be honest, how long was it really going to last? 2018 is a new year for a clean slate and where we can do and say and think up new things for another 365 days.
I have decided to do some resolutions this year because why not? and because I really wanted to get into the spirit of the New Year. I tried to pick resolutions that I know I can do and will actually accomplish.
- Drink more water: I feel that I haven’t been that keen on drinking water (even though that is all I have ever drunk since I was a teenager because I was a good child who didn’t want to break the ‘NO SOFT DRINKS’ rule). I want to drink more water this year because I have heard it makes you have good skin and keeps you hydrated. The goal will be 1 glass when I wake up, 2 glasses after each meal and 1 glass before bed.
- Exercise more: This is kind of linked to losing weight (because I have gained 4 kilos during the Christmas break thanks to my mom’s cooking) and I want to get back into shape and maybe lose more than I had before I gained some back. I am not going to put how often or a certain number to it (yet) but I definitely want to exercise more this year.
- Shut down Facebook (again): I had this revelation last year when I gave Facebook up for Lent2017 that I didn’t need FB as much as I thought I did. Plus I really think that Facebook should retire. I know that FB was cool at the start when it was being hyped up to be as big as My Space but now it has been meh! (I don’t even have the app on my devices anymore). Facebook owns other apps (like Instagram) that are fairing more in terms of audience participation and being a social media platform. I aim to shut Facebook down in time for Lent and move on to focus on my other social media accounts.
- More Self Learning: I learnt a lesson from breaking up with someone last year and it is that I still have a lot to learn about myself. I have things to figure out and things I would like to do on my own (without the stress or hassle of having to worry about another person). This year will the year I will fully get to enjoy being single and finding out more about who I am and what I want to become.
- More Blogging: I really want to make an effort to do more blogging and keep improving my blog and getting to meet other bloggers and readers. I think making connections is great and as a person who isn’t into physically travelling I want to still be able to travel but on the internet. I want to meet other people and get more ideas on what to write and just be able to share more undiscovered adventures with everyone.
So. that is my five resolutions for 2018 and hopefully, I will be able to stick to them. I hope you all have a lovely 2018. I am so excited for another year of blogging.
Peace and Love,
I’m not pretty, I’m not perfect, I’m nothing to anyone
They always go away, always disappearing, gone
They never even stay for too long
Never a year, never forever, it has gone wrong
First, they win me with words and sorts and stuff
Filling me with sweet things and playful fluff
Then, without realising, slowly I break into million ones
They pretend they betray, they hate and they pounce
No more love, no more peace, just hatred and guilt
The scales start to become unbalanced, it starts to tilt
It moves towards you, so you are the one who wins
Hurting me all the time at the drop of a pin
And when I’m broken, you make me miss your absence
You force me to sit and listen to the silence
To emphasise just how badly I’ll need you
And the fact that you won’t miss me too
Leaving me, Leaving me, Leaving me to cry
Leaving me and walking away, leaving me to wonder why?
Are you a bad boy or are you good?
Do you like to work out or digging into food?
Do you play an instrument, or maybe you sing?
Do you like simplicity or a lot of bling?
Are you stinking rich or do you just like money?
On your toast: butter, jam, Nutella or honey?
Are you a good laugh, do you think you’re funny?
What’s your favourite animal: dog, cat or bunny?
What’s your favourite colour: blue, green, red…What do you think?
Are you gonna be a real man and say your favourite is pink?
I guess, I asked a lot of questions, let’s just stop
But tell me on your list, am I the one on top?
Sorry, I asked another… I think you’re a star
One last one, have you ever done it in your car?
Friends? That’s what you said you want to be
You said you want to be friends with me
So, we’re cool now, is that right?
So, we’re okay, there’s no need to fight?
Good, I like how this sounds so far.
Hey, did you get a new car?
So, what do you want to talk about?
I’m sure you don’t want to go out
So, we’re amigos, pals, mates
I really want to go on a date
Wow! You walked away…great talk!
Can I have a ride? Oh never mind… I’ll walk
Hey, you said you’ll help me with my dance
I’d like to chat again when you have the chance
Not today? Well tomorrow maybe, just us together?
Oh, you weren’t listening, I’ll take that as never.
Hey, what’s going on? Oh, you’re with “your Queen”
Well just wanted to check, “How you been?”
This is getting stupid, when will it end?
I’m starting to think if you’re even my friend.
Last lecture and seminar today before the Easter Break. I can’t believe it has gone so quickly already. I wish I could enjoy the holidays but I have to write the essays and refine my dissertation some more as well as the PDP. I’m glad that it’s nearly the end and I do not have to write another essay in my life after this. But at the same time, I am also scared that I won’t have anything to do after it is all finish so everything right now is kinda bittersweet.
Anyways I’m just gonna try and get through the day and enjoy the last lecture and seminar before it’s time to hop on the bus back home and relax with some Chinese Takeaway with my family and then a long sleep before tomorrow essay writing and tidying the house will resume.
I just finish, but they want me to start
We prayed to God for the desires of our heart
If they can’t see it, I hope God will
Then maybe I can just keep still
Stop the commotion and sit
Even just for a little bit
Maybe I keep it inside
So I can have time to hide
Little secrets and problems the world is waiting to see
Or maybe I don’t want to humiliate and embarrass me
They said ‘ You are still a kid’
But somehow it feels like a bid
Who can grow up the most?
So they have something to boast?
Growing up makes them proud
To watch children make a bigger bound
There are still decisions that I need to make
To avoid disappointment and mistake
Why now that they shout?
When I haven’t figured things out?
Why now they compare?
When I haven’t even gotten there…