The feast just keeps on coming and I am not complaining. We are celebrating Chinese New Year again this year and there will be a lot of food to eat and a lot of things to grateful for. I can’t remember when we first started celebrating it and why (apart from another reason to cook and eat yummy food) but I enjoy celebrating nonetheless. It is also a good time to sit down as a family and enjoy each others company.
We started cooking yesterday and I am tired from tidying the house but hopefully as I am writing this, the house is adequately clean still as we continue to cook the food ready for tonight. The Year of the Rooster has been okay and has been an eventful year for me and I hope the Year of the Dog will be even better and will bring more success and opportunities.
I hope you all have a wonderful and plentiful night, day or afternoon as the Chinese New Year arrives or has arrived in your country.
恭喜发财 / 恭喜發財 (Gōngxǐ fācái)
‘Happiness and prosperity!’
过年好 / 過年好 (Guònián hǎo)
‘Pass the New Year well!’
Since the holiday, I have been eating a lot of things and (without shame) enjoying every bit of it. The holidays have always been the time of the year when I happily enjoy eating a lot and not really caring if I gained weight. But this year there was some worry if I’m going to gain back the weight I lost several months ago. I was alright at Christmas and took care of what I ate but the New Year was like food paradise. I ate every single dish that my mom cooked and within the next two days, I could feel the weight coming back and for the first time, I felt a little bit disappointed that I have gained the weight back so fast as it took me to lose it.
That is why I am so determined to lose it now because knowing me, I will have the ‘there is still tomorrow to start’ mentality. I need to lose this weight now before it gets out of control. I had already started exercising in the mornings with the dumbbells and on the stationary bike but then my stomach and my persistent and easily tempted sweet tooth saw the holy grail of calorie intake staring back at me.
The can of half full condensed milk!
Yes, CONDENSED MILK! It was right there and tempting me to have a spoonful but secretly knowing I will finish a quarter of it in the span of three days. I honestly do not know what came over me and as I write this blog post, I feel so ashamed. I have tried to avoid finishing it and I knew deep down that if I had even a teaspoon, I will get addicted to it! I can put my hand up now and admit to having a slight relapse to eating condensed milk.
But since the New Year’s food is nearly all gone (thank God), the exercise and lessening food intake will also follow and I can lose some weight and feel more healthy again. Wish me luck everyone and here is to a healthy 2018.
I am so sorry that I have been away for so long. As I always say, busy, busy, busy. The last two months of 2017 was so hectic that I have put this blog on the back burner. All the things I wanted to write about have either been half written or have titles and not written at all. So I apologise that I haven’t been as active as I would have liked to be. (end of apology)
HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!
I cannot believe that we survived 2017 and we are just a few days into 2018. A New Year means a lot of things. The New Year is the time many people will say: NEW YEAR, NEW ME. A time when we will be promising to lose weight, to travel the world or even create a new identity altogether. A time for making resolutions that cannot be resolved or semi-give up on it completely because let’s be honest, how long was it really going to last? 2018 is a new year for a clean slate and where we can do and say and think up new things for another 365 days.
I have decided to do some resolutions this year because why not? and because I really wanted to get into the spirit of the New Year. I tried to pick resolutions that I know I can do and will actually accomplish.
- Drink more water: I feel that I haven’t been that keen on drinking water (even though that is all I have ever drunk since I was a teenager because I was a good child who didn’t want to break the ‘NO SOFT DRINKS’ rule). I want to drink more water this year because I have heard it makes you have good skin and keeps you hydrated. The goal will be 1 glass when I wake up, 2 glasses after each meal and 1 glass before bed.
- Exercise more: This is kind of linked to losing weight (because I have gained 4 kilos during the Christmas break thanks to my mom’s cooking) and I want to get back into shape and maybe lose more than I had before I gained some back. I am not going to put how often or a certain number to it (yet) but I definitely want to exercise more this year.
- Shut down Facebook (again): I had this revelation last year when I gave Facebook up for Lent2017 that I didn’t need FB as much as I thought I did. Plus I really think that Facebook should retire. I know that FB was cool at the start when it was being hyped up to be as big as My Space but now it has been meh! (I don’t even have the app on my devices anymore). Facebook owns other apps (like Instagram) that are fairing more in terms of audience participation and being a social media platform. I aim to shut Facebook down in time for Lent and move on to focus on my other social media accounts.
- More Self Learning: I learnt a lesson from breaking up with someone last year and it is that I still have a lot to learn about myself. I have things to figure out and things I would like to do on my own (without the stress or hassle of having to worry about another person). This year will the year I will fully get to enjoy being single and finding out more about who I am and what I want to become.
- More Blogging: I really want to make an effort to do more blogging and keep improving my blog and getting to meet other bloggers and readers. I think making connections is great and as a person who isn’t into physically travelling I want to still be able to travel but on the internet. I want to meet other people and get more ideas on what to write and just be able to share more undiscovered adventures with everyone.
So. that is my five resolutions for 2018 and hopefully, I will be able to stick to them. I hope you all have a lovely 2018. I am so excited for another year of blogging.
Peace and Love,