I am so sorry that I have been away for so long. As I always say, busy, busy, busy. The last two months of 2017 was so hectic that I have put this blog on the back burner. All the things I wanted to write about have either been half written or have titles and not written at all. So I apologise that I haven’t been as active as I would have liked to be. (end of apology)
HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!
I cannot believe that we survived 2017 and we are just a few days into 2018. A New Year means a lot of things. The New Year is the time many people will say: NEW YEAR, NEW ME. A time when we will be promising to lose weight, to travel the world or even create a new identity altogether. A time for making resolutions that cannot be resolved or semi-give up on it completely because let’s be honest, how long was it really going to last? 2018 is a new year for a clean slate and where we can do and say and think up new things for another 365 days.
I have decided to do some resolutions this year because why not? and because I really wanted to get into the spirit of the New Year. I tried to pick resolutions that I know I can do and will actually accomplish.
- Drink more water: I feel that I haven’t been that keen on drinking water (even though that is all I have ever drunk since I was a teenager because I was a good child who didn’t want to break the ‘NO SOFT DRINKS’ rule). I want to drink more water this year because I have heard it makes you have good skin and keeps you hydrated. The goal will be 1 glass when I wake up, 2 glasses after each meal and 1 glass before bed.
- Exercise more: This is kind of linked to losing weight (because I have gained 4 kilos during the Christmas break thanks to my mom’s cooking) and I want to get back into shape and maybe lose more than I had before I gained some back. I am not going to put how often or a certain number to it (yet) but I definitely want to exercise more this year.
- Shut down Facebook (again): I had this revelation last year when I gave Facebook up for Lent2017 that I didn’t need FB as much as I thought I did. Plus I really think that Facebook should retire. I know that FB was cool at the start when it was being hyped up to be as big as My Space but now it has been meh! (I don’t even have the app on my devices anymore). Facebook owns other apps (like Instagram) that are fairing more in terms of audience participation and being a social media platform. I aim to shut Facebook down in time for Lent and move on to focus on my other social media accounts.
- More Self Learning: I learnt a lesson from breaking up with someone last year and it is that I still have a lot to learn about myself. I have things to figure out and things I would like to do on my own (without the stress or hassle of having to worry about another person). This year will the year I will fully get to enjoy being single and finding out more about who I am and what I want to become.
- More Blogging: I really want to make an effort to do more blogging and keep improving my blog and getting to meet other bloggers and readers. I think making connections is great and as a person who isn’t into physically travelling I want to still be able to travel but on the internet. I want to meet other people and get more ideas on what to write and just be able to share more undiscovered adventures with everyone.
So. that is my five resolutions for 2018 and hopefully, I will be able to stick to them. I hope you all have a lovely 2018. I am so excited for another year of blogging.
Peace and Love,
How do you do it every single day?
A piece of your heart you have to give away
Pleasing everyone is not the best thing
Pleasing yourself has a nicer ring
In this world, we need more laughter and smiles
Nothing can compare to how the sun shines for miles
Every day you can make a change by living a positive life
Simply ignore the bad memories and moments of strife
So, you can think more about yourself, never less
…Don’t allow others to downplay your happiness!
You pretend that everything is okay
So they don’t have to leave or go away
If they asked you: “What do you regret?”
You’d tell them of the memories that you’d never forget
Like that sweet kiss in the rain
Your broken heart and the severe pain
The time you texted but they never replied
The times you locked the door and cried
You thought it would somehow just disappear and fade
Hoping it will erase the memories that are already made
Sometimes you try to rid of it all, then you see his face
You remember his kiss, his smile and that warm embrace
The days he didn’t want to let you go
You were going too fast but time is so slow
The rush and risks faded away
One day, will someone ever stay?
Days when you were sad and they were right there
Times when they ask you if you’re okay like they care
But then the day came when memories started to fade
When suddenly something decided to be made
Both of them decided to come and state their love is true
You thought about it but do you really love them too?
You have to be polite, say “No”, just agree to be friends with them
To be their secret jewel and the precious one-of-a-kind gem
You took the risks that could get you in trouble
You took the blames, bruises, wounds and stumbles
You did everything because you wanted them in your life
But now you have to choose before the drop of a knife
Up until this day you still cannot decide
You can’t run and you could never hide
They are so far away that you have to travel
Crossing roads, building walls and kicking gravel
Are you willing to be hurt like before?
Can friends now be later something more?
If they saw you standing across the street
Would they avoid you or invite you to meet?
Are they feeling what is true or is it just pretend?
Do they want something more than just being friends?
Right now you do not know how to feel
These feelings you are trying to conceal
But one day you might find out who is true and who is not
End of conversation: “What were we talking about cause I forgot”
You held my hand and vowed to never let go
You told me everything so I just know
You talked to me even though time passed and walked away
When I was alone, you were the one who will stay
When I cry, you dry my tears
When I’m afraid, you frighten away the fears
In a crowd, you will only talk and look at me
Ignoring everyone else and just letting them be
You don’t care what others think or what they do
I’m falling in love with you more, but you don’t have a clue
Let’s see where this friendship takes us two
Maybe one day, it will be me and you
We need to go slow, I’ll wait for that day to come
By the way, I’d like to introduce to you, my mum.
This is for the special boy in my heart
I just can’t believe we are so far apart
The days we had has finally ended
The feelings you hurt is still offended
The gifts you gave me are on my shelf
The only thing missing is yourself
But right now, I think you are pretty busy
The way she spins you around, it must make you feel dizzy
The way she orders you around like a slave
Make a note to yourself: DIG UP YOUR GRAVE
I’ve been down that road, please just stop
Soon you’ll suddenly burst, you’ll pop!
But seriously, she treats you like a butler or a maid
But worse of all, you are not even getting paid
So before your funeral or you turn into roasted duck…
I want to say… love you… just kidding… GOOD LUCK!
I have nothing to lose and more to gain
The time has come to stop the pain
The troubles are over and it’s going to stop
Time to climb and reach the mountain top
Just keep going cause you are gonna get there soon
Jump aboard and explore the planets, stars and moon
Travel the world and reach your goals
Complete my heart and reach my inner soul
I need to move on from the horrific past
Try to make the present last
Love me, my friends and family
Just relax and be problem free
Smile and laugh like before I met you
Achieve and Win, make my dreams come true
Starting right now, you are out of my life
You can no longer hurt me like a knife
I don’t need your hug or your kiss
We are over, you won’t be missed
I bid you farewell, you deadly stranger
Just stay away from me cause you’re the real danger.
It’s been a whole year since we broke apart
You left me standing alone with a broken heart
I told myself its the end, goodbye
I don’t like you and you know why
You went away and I stayed behind
Picking up the memories I can find
One day, you came back with a new lady
She got you back on your feet and crazy
You love her, I see it in your eyes
If you end up marrying her, it won’t be a surprise
You rubbed it in my face and held her tight
You took away the happiness and the light
But then you left her and took me aside to talk
Finally, after a long time, we slowed down, we walked
You want to be friends and dreaming of something more
This is the new beginning so go open that door.