I know I haven’t been as active as I would like and I apologise for that with all my heart. I try my best to write and schedule posts when I can but I know I have been failing slightly on that front. That is why I have decided to open a series for this year that talks about my past adventures and things I have already discovered but haven’t shared with anyone. This probably defeats the purpose of this whole blog but right now, I feel compelled to write about the little things I still remember (before adulting fully takes over).
This series (still deciding on the name) will start on the 25th of February which marks my one year anniversary of The Undiscovered Adventures. It will talk about past relationships, friendships, conflicts etc… that are part of my life and the reason I made this blog in the first place. I have always been a quiet person and an introvert but I pride myself on being creative and I love telling stories. I have always wanted to do big things but recently I have come to realise that in order to do big things, I need to remember the small things first. I want to tell you my story on this platform, on my blog. I want to re-live my life as a 21 year old looking back on her life so far. I think that personally I am at the stage of my life where I tend to feel stuck and start to wonder more and more if maybe this is all life has for me but I can feel that there are so many opportunities available for me and many more adventures to discover and I can’t wait to see what’s to come.
So, please come and join me in revisiting past untold stories and finding out how these now discovered stories defined me, a 21 years old aspiring blogger who is going to make big things happen! Watch this space.
Peace and Love ✌🏽❤️
Lately, I have been feeling undervalued and overwhelmed with everything that is going on. I don’t feel right and my heart feels broken. I always try to smile it out and remember that it will get better soon. But then soon turns to someday and someday turns to one day and then that one day just seems so far away. My shoulders feels heavy like I have a lot on my plate but I had just one week of vacation so that doesn’t make sense. My mind was so clear and trouble free during the one week break but now I just don’t feel happy. I feel sad and angry and almost pessimistic about everything. I don’t want to say I’m depressed but my anxiety just feels like it’s taking over every part of me and as much as I want them to go away- they don’t. I can’t even pin-point what’s making me feel this way. I think that’s the worse part. I don’t know what it is and it’s making me even more anxious.
I wish I know what is making me feel this way. I wish I can figure it out because I feel I could just cave in any minute now.
I am so sorry that I have been away for so long. As I always say, busy, busy, busy. The last two months of 2017 was so hectic that I have put this blog on the back burner. All the things I wanted to write about have either been half written or have titles and not written at all. So I apologise that I haven’t been as active as I would have liked to be. (end of apology)
HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!
I cannot believe that we survived 2017 and we are just a few days into 2018. A New Year means a lot of things. The New Year is the time many people will say: NEW YEAR, NEW ME. A time when we will be promising to lose weight, to travel the world or even create a new identity altogether. A time for making resolutions that cannot be resolved or semi-give up on it completely because let’s be honest, how long was it really going to last? 2018 is a new year for a clean slate and where we can do and say and think up new things for another 365 days.
I have decided to do some resolutions this year because why not? and because I really wanted to get into the spirit of the New Year. I tried to pick resolutions that I know I can do and will actually accomplish.
- Drink more water: I feel that I haven’t been that keen on drinking water (even though that is all I have ever drunk since I was a teenager because I was a good child who didn’t want to break the ‘NO SOFT DRINKS’ rule). I want to drink more water this year because I have heard it makes you have good skin and keeps you hydrated. The goal will be 1 glass when I wake up, 2 glasses after each meal and 1 glass before bed.
- Exercise more: This is kind of linked to losing weight (because I have gained 4 kilos during the Christmas break thanks to my mom’s cooking) and I want to get back into shape and maybe lose more than I had before I gained some back. I am not going to put how often or a certain number to it (yet) but I definitely want to exercise more this year.
- Shut down Facebook (again): I had this revelation last year when I gave Facebook up for Lent2017 that I didn’t need FB as much as I thought I did. Plus I really think that Facebook should retire. I know that FB was cool at the start when it was being hyped up to be as big as My Space but now it has been meh! (I don’t even have the app on my devices anymore). Facebook owns other apps (like Instagram) that are fairing more in terms of audience participation and being a social media platform. I aim to shut Facebook down in time for Lent and move on to focus on my other social media accounts.
- More Self Learning: I learnt a lesson from breaking up with someone last year and it is that I still have a lot to learn about myself. I have things to figure out and things I would like to do on my own (without the stress or hassle of having to worry about another person). This year will the year I will fully get to enjoy being single and finding out more about who I am and what I want to become.
- More Blogging: I really want to make an effort to do more blogging and keep improving my blog and getting to meet other bloggers and readers. I think making connections is great and as a person who isn’t into physically travelling I want to still be able to travel but on the internet. I want to meet other people and get more ideas on what to write and just be able to share more undiscovered adventures with everyone.
So. that is my five resolutions for 2018 and hopefully, I will be able to stick to them. I hope you all have a lovely 2018. I am so excited for another year of blogging.
Peace and Love,
I’m not perfect, don’t you mind
I’m not a winner, don’t go blind
I work hard and try my best
I do that and God does the rest
I think, write and draw
I am human not made of straw
I have soul and heart
I didn’t get the head start
They are angry, they never chill
They should start now or they never will
They criticise and continually speak
But they do not know, I’m not weak
I know life can be hard and it is short
Knock walls down and go build a fort
Just stand freely and let them see you cry
If they don’t want you. bid them goodbye
Cross the road, change paths and run
You can choose to be free and just have fun
If they can’t accept you for who you are
Ignore them, walk away, they will never get far
Just remember to have faith and hope
You will make it, you can cope
Just pray and hold the dove
Just remember to always love
When someone leaves because they can’t stay
When someone is gone cause they have to go away
Just because they are gone, it doesn’t mean you should be sad
All you need to remember is the times you both had
You dream about them and wish they are there
When you look around, he seems to be everywhere
No matter how you try, he is not coming, gone forever
He is far away and you cannot see him, never
You feel lost, you feel like you want to cry
You feel like falling, why did he have to die?
But don’t waste your tears on something you can’t get
Sometimes it is easier if you just forget
Remember there are still many more doors you have to open
Don’t dwell on something that’s already happened
There are more opportunities, this is not the end
Forever you will cherish, the time you have spent
You need to keep him in your heart
Breathe and reach for a new start
The noise and pain might be really loud
Someday, you will make him really proud.
DEDICATED TO MY LATE GRANDFATHER/LOLO AL.
I hate talking about the future or having to even think about it. I wish there was some teleportation device where I can just travel forward in time and see how life works out for me. I wish I could just see all the upsides and downfalls, all the happy moments and the sad moments, all the successes and struggles and just everything. I wish someone would come to me and give me the book of my life. A journal and encyclopaedia of what I am gonna be, what am I doing tomorrow, what am doing when I’m 30 years old, who will I marry, what my house will look like or even how many children or grandchildren I will have. Why can’t someone give me a crystal ball? I will look at it every morning and see all the things which will happen that day so I know what to avoid and what I should definitely be doing that day so everything will fit the way I want them to happen. Why does the future always seems so far away and so complicated, always hiding and a puzzle piece that you have to try and complete but no matter what sometimes the pieces don’t fit together or some days you just know that this puzzle has never-ending pieces so you never know what it is or if you will ever have the chance to look at it in full.
If I had all these things, life would be so much easier. When I know a sad moment is about to come, then I can prepare myself and cry my eyes out even before it happens or do things differently so that sad moment never occurs. If I know that someone is about to propose to me then I can make sure to get a makeover and hire a photographer to capture that moment. If I knew that someone is going to die then I will be able to give that person a loving and deserving funeral. If life was just as easy as reading a book or travelling forward in time or even looking at a crystal ball then the future would be too, right?
But of course, in order for the future to appear, I have to enjoy the present. I know that sometimes it’s hard to do this because life makes it so difficult to cope in living an ordinary life that could often be boring and mundane and lonely, every day where you wish someone would just tell you what’s gonna happen. But no one really knows what will happen because that’s just life so we have to try and enjoy it even if it’s not what we want to do right at this moment.
The future might be tomorrow or in several years from now but I know that the future will only be as bright if I want it to be. Here’s to a bright and happy future!
Always have HOPE,
Believe in FAITH &
Continue to LOVE.