Please stop begging, you’ll just scrap your knee
Mate the game is over, its time to set you free
You want to leave, so go on then, just go
I want you gone now, why you so slow
You keep stalling, you haven’t packed a bag
Go look for your princess, if I’m such a hag
Yea, I heard you. You know I ain’t deaf
Why are you still here, I wish you had left
A lot sooner, maybe things would have gone better
By the way, you can have your stupid sweater
I hated it and I would have thrown it in the fire
Along with my love and all of your car tyres
Time to move on, there is the door
Leave now, dude, I don’t love you anymore
Haven’t really loved you, not one bit
Everything was a mismatch- we didn’t fit
Plus I had an affair with your brother
He was crap too, just go find another
Many girls would marry you if they were dumb
But I have had enough of you, you make me numb
You made me fat with stress and depression
Dude, get out, you reek a lot of desperation
No one like a massive loser and someone who is soooooo needy
Go cling to someone else’s leg cause damn boy, you’re so greedy
I have been meaning to post this for a long time but I keep forgetting lol. On November 25 2017, I started a Gratitude Board for myself after my mum suggested it for my sister, Vanessa. I decided to steal the idea because I recently have been feeling down and I don’t really know why. I also felt that I have so many things that I should be grateful for that I don’t realise in the moment because I get overwhelmed easily. So, the gratitude board will help me recognise the little things in life and have something to look forward to at the end of the day.
I am currently on Day 78 today and I will keep you posted on how it’s going once in a while but I am planning on doing the gratitude board for a whole year or maybe even more. So I will update on it once in a while to discuss my gratitude progress.
Let me know if you have ever done a Gratitude Board or Journal before and what are some of the things you are currently grateful for.
My one week off begins today. I am so glad I get to rest with my family for a week as it is the half term. I am looking forward to getting back to writing posts for the blog and cleaning the house. It has definitely been put on the back burner. I also hope to exercise this week because I haven’t been doing as much as I want to do especially with work. I am also looking forward to getting nearer to my one year anniversary for the blog. I am so grateful for all you guys and for all your views, likes, comments and follows. Here is to a great anniversary!
Peace and Love,
Please go follow me on my new Facebook page/profile to get the latest updates regarding this blog. I am so excited to have yet another social media account underway so go, friend request me right now!
Peace and Love,
The Undiscovered Adventures FB page
Today I say goodbye to a trusted cable I have had for nearly three years. It has been an emotional time and year by year, this cable has been plugged into a battery plug for most of its life (apart from times others have borrowed it or times it leaves the room only to go into another room inserted into another plug socket). I have never made a post dedicated to my other two cables because one was a fake and the other didn’t even belong to me. But this cable has been a lead in my life that has energized most of my devices (mainly two) and we have never had a falling out and in all honesty, I will miss it.
But, then again, it survived two and a bit years and it was becoming frail and too bendy to the extent of it nearly breaking at the tip. Plus I should have known it wasn’t going to last that long when I came home and found it had been bandaged with black electrical tape. It only took a month.
Time to now throw another phone charger cable in the bin and say goodbye and reminisce about the amount of charging it did for all my devices. Well…at least until the delivery man brings in my new one then the whole cycle begins again. Who knows maybe this next one will outlive the last (but hopefully it won’t be anytime soon).
I am so sorry that I have been away for so long. As I always say, busy, busy, busy. The last two months of 2017 was so hectic that I have put this blog on the back burner. All the things I wanted to write about have either been half written or have titles and not written at all. So I apologise that I haven’t been as active as I would have liked to be. (end of apology)
HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!
I cannot believe that we survived 2017 and we are just a few days into 2018. A New Year means a lot of things. The New Year is the time many people will say: NEW YEAR, NEW ME. A time when we will be promising to lose weight, to travel the world or even create a new identity altogether. A time for making resolutions that cannot be resolved or semi-give up on it completely because let’s be honest, how long was it really going to last? 2018 is a new year for a clean slate and where we can do and say and think up new things for another 365 days.
I have decided to do some resolutions this year because why not? and because I really wanted to get into the spirit of the New Year. I tried to pick resolutions that I know I can do and will actually accomplish.
- Drink more water: I feel that I haven’t been that keen on drinking water (even though that is all I have ever drunk since I was a teenager because I was a good child who didn’t want to break the ‘NO SOFT DRINKS’ rule). I want to drink more water this year because I have heard it makes you have good skin and keeps you hydrated. The goal will be 1 glass when I wake up, 2 glasses after each meal and 1 glass before bed.
- Exercise more: This is kind of linked to losing weight (because I have gained 4 kilos during the Christmas break thanks to my mom’s cooking) and I want to get back into shape and maybe lose more than I had before I gained some back. I am not going to put how often or a certain number to it (yet) but I definitely want to exercise more this year.
- Shut down Facebook (again): I had this revelation last year when I gave Facebook up for Lent2017 that I didn’t need FB as much as I thought I did. Plus I really think that Facebook should retire. I know that FB was cool at the start when it was being hyped up to be as big as My Space but now it has been meh! (I don’t even have the app on my devices anymore). Facebook owns other apps (like Instagram) that are fairing more in terms of audience participation and being a social media platform. I aim to shut Facebook down in time for Lent and move on to focus on my other social media accounts.
- More Self Learning: I learnt a lesson from breaking up with someone last year and it is that I still have a lot to learn about myself. I have things to figure out and things I would like to do on my own (without the stress or hassle of having to worry about another person). This year will the year I will fully get to enjoy being single and finding out more about who I am and what I want to become.
- More Blogging: I really want to make an effort to do more blogging and keep improving my blog and getting to meet other bloggers and readers. I think making connections is great and as a person who isn’t into physically travelling I want to still be able to travel but on the internet. I want to meet other people and get more ideas on what to write and just be able to share more undiscovered adventures with everyone.
So. that is my five resolutions for 2018 and hopefully, I will be able to stick to them. I hope you all have a lovely 2018. I am so excited for another year of blogging.
Peace and Love,
Since coming back to Facebook after my detox for Lent 2017 and making a new account I have noticed a strange atmosphere to how people have been using (or should I say lack of using) the once-hyped social media platform. Back in my high school days, everyone were obsessed with turning 13 because that is the legal age to sign up for a Facebook account (even though most people would lie so they can make a profile even before they turn 13) and it was anticipated and cool once you have make a profile and made a lot of “friends”. I remember a time when my sister cried over the end of the world with the prime reason that she will never get the chance to sign up for Facebook (she hates it now haha).The social media platform took over from MySpace (which seems to be an ancient tale now in the more modern era) and it became a giant amongst other social media sites.
But now forward to present day and here I am more bored than ever with Facebook. No one is no longer on it 24/7 and those that are rarely post anything useful. People only post about major events like holidays or when they get pregnant or tied the knot. The games of FarmVille or Sims have already been forgotten and replaced with games that require you to interact with “friends” that you haven’t spoken to in 5 years. You end up liking random stuff after stuff and would scroll through hundreds of rubbish articles. It has become so repetitive that you groan at the screen every time your well-trained fingers automatically clicks on it. Facebook had tried so hard to keep up with the likes of Snapchat and Instagram when they included filters and Facebook stories (but unfortunately was too late in catching with the trends). I hate to be so pessimistic about this but soon I think Facebook will become extinct.
This will be probably not that surprising when it finally crashes down. Many people have been telling me that they will hardly miss it (even my parents refers to it as the evilest out of all the social media websites). I think Facebook has lived long enough and could very well join MySpace on the dark side of the online world. Give it another two years and maybe soon people will have forgotten this once loved social media phenomenon. I have come to realise that It was probably a bad mistake to make another account if I am just going to delete it again lol. Facebook could soon be joining the dinosaurs.
I mean think about it. Facebook has resulted in asking people for their nudes to ensure that those nude pictures don’t appear on their platform. Someone working at Facebook will be staring at your private areas and playing memory match in an instance that someone else (like a vengeful ex) posts it on Facebook. Think about it carefully.
Facebook will turn 14 next year (a year older than the required age for someone to sign up for the site) and I think it would be a good time for adolescent Facebook to retire or at least take a break.